In today's world we are living our lives in an energy crisis, in more ways than one. We work longer hours and juggle many more balls each day, making us stress-rich, yet time-poor.
This phenomenon of being time-poor and stress-rich has major knock-on effects:
- We make poor choices about eating while on the run;
- We don't seem to have the time, energy or inclination to exercise;
- We struggle to manage our weight;
- We need chronic medication to manage health conditions such as diabetes, hypertension or high cholesterol;
- Lifestyle-related cancers and mental disorders are prevalent;
- We are sleep deprived;
- We are constantly chasing the next best thing and struggle to feel content, let alone happy;
- We experience excessive worry, anxiety and this can lead to depression;
- We are on hyper alert for many hours of the day, our cortisol (stress hormone) levels are bubbling or high, and as a result when we are with our loved ones, it's not often uninterrupted quality time, where we can be present and in the moment!